Our design philosophy is centered on sustainable low energy buildings from inception to completion and beyond. Every opportunity is taken to deliver creative solutions to developments which provide economic, social and environmental benefits.
Designing low carbon buildings:
The built environment has a crucial role to play in leading people into low carbon, more sustainable lifestyles as buildings have a powerful influence in the way that we live and work. Gauldie Wright & Partners aims to produce sustainable designs that respond to the following key drivers:
- Reduce Carbon emissions and other greenhouse gas emissions
- Reduce embodied carbon
- Reduce energy use
- Provide some of the electrical power demand from renewable energy sources
- Assist clients in procurement of low energy equipment
- Reduce water usage
- Waste management and recycling
- Promote the use of local, recycled or reclaimed materials
- Promote the use of materials that are not harmful to the environment in their use and manufacture
- Use of timber from FSC and PFSC sources
Gauldie Wright & Partners are accredited with ISO14001:2004, the benchmark used worldwide for environmental management systems. The accreditation recognises our commitment to an environmentally responsible approach to all aspects of our business procedures and the design process.
Through our approach to designing sustainable buildings we encompass both the spirit and the intent of the BREEAM process.